HydrogenHydrogen is a colourless, odourless, flammable gas. It is supplied as a permanent gas at high pressure in metal cylinders.
Afrox MSDS no. 994-320
USES AND FEATURES
- Hydrogen also finds wide use in the metallurgy field because of its ability to reduce metal oxides and prevent oxidation in the heat treating of certain metals and alloys (reducing atmospheres).
- Hydrogen is also extensively used in the manufacture of chemicals, plastics and in petroleum refining.
- Hydrogen is widely used for the hydrogenation of vegetable and animal oils and fats.
- Purified hydrogen is used in gas chromatography as a detector fuel and in semiconductor manufacture.
- Not suitable for inflation of balloons.